Saturday 26 July 2014

Chicago :: Art and architecture

I had pleasure of visiting Chicago earlier this month for The American Institute of Floral Design, AIFD, annual symposium.  What a remarkable city and the symposium was a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

Arriving on the 4th of July I was greeted by a city ready to celebrate and celebrate they did.  That first day had started with an early check in at the Ottawa airport and ended with a magnificent fireworks show at the Navy Pier over Lake Michigan: perfect day I think!

Art in all forms was everywhere: parks, buildings, store fronts, train stations, shop window displays and I loved it all. During our lunch breaks I would change shoes, grab my camera and go.  There's was so much to see that between the symposium and the city I suffered [quite happily] with visual intoxication and hangover.


The architecture is breathtaking - no wonder it's one of the city's greatest attractions.  I've already planned my next trip. It will include a few guided tours though and likely a lot more walking.


I'm not a shopper (surprise, I know) so the 1000+ photos I took of the windy city are my souvenirs and I will treasure them always...at least until my return visit when there will be a few more to add to my memory card.

No comments:

Post a Comment